A 20% deposit is required to secure your booking.
- 0-14 days prior to arrival: 100% of the total cost of the total rental amount applicable if vehicle is cancelled/not collected.
- 15-30 days prior to arrival: 75% of the total cost of the total rental amount applicable if vehicle is cancelled/not collected.
- 31-45 days prior to arrival: 50% of the total cost of the total rental amount applicable if vehicle is cancelled/not collected.
- 46 days prior to arrival and earlier: 20% deposit is forfeited.
Lessors are allowed to travel with our vehicles outside the borders of Namibia, at no extra costs, to Botswana on the condition that prior arrangements are made with Mufasa Car Rental & Safaris. Our vehicles are NOT allowed in Zambia due to Zambian regulations. Mufasa Car Rental & Safaris will only supply you with a Letter of Authority. Permits for the vehicle must be obtained at the border by the clients themselves. Note that it is the client's responsibility to return vehicles that are damaged outside Namibia to Namibia at their own costs, irrespective of the insurance option taken out.
Drivers and clients are only authorised to drive our vehicles if they are in possession of a valid unendorsed drivers license and passport/ID. Drivers must be a minimum of 25 years of age.
Death of injury liability:
Mufasa Car Rental & Safaris is not liable for any death, injuries, personal damage and/or loss during the rental period and thereafter.
- A maximum of 80km/h on any gravel and salt road (irrespective should road signs indicate higher speed limits).
- A maximum of 120km/h on all tarred public roads subject however to the speed limits imposed by government or any legal authority for any specific stretch of the road.
The client agrees to provide the Mufasa Car Rental and Safaris with a valid contact number on the day of vehicle collection that will be reachable during the entire rental period.
Use of 4x4 mode:
- H4 (High range) maximum 60km/h
- L4 (Low range) maximum 30km/h
- Switch to four-wheel drive, H4 and L4, only when the vehicle has come to a full stop and only when the clutch is depressed. Automatic vehicles must be in neutral.
- By using the 4x4 mode incorrectly/permanently, the Client will be liable for the full cost of any damages.
The client shall not be entitled to drive:
- Long distance roads between 07:00 PM and 06:00 AM due to the high risk of accidents caused by animals on the road.
- To Sandwich Harbour
- Along the Kunene River
- From Epupa Falls east on road No. 3700 to road No. 3701
- Up Van Zyl's pass
- Through salt water
- On any beach where the water breaks
- In any sandstorm
- Along riverbeds
- On unregistered roads
- Through bushes
The client undertakes not to:
- Step on the roof or bonnet or any other painted part of the vehicle.
- Lean against any metal parts of the vehicle body.
- Leave the key in the ignition while not driving.